Each year, we ask our residents who have resided with us for 3 months or longer or their families to provide feedback in the form of our Resident Quality of Life Survey.
Surveys are completed by residents who are able to understand and respond to the questions being asked, otherwise surveys are sent to their Power of Attorney for completion.
This year (2017), 46/62 surveys were returned for a completion rate of 74%.
Our survey results show that:
1. 95% of residents/POAs felt respected when cared for.
2. 92% of residents/POAs felt they had enough variety in meals.
3. 78% of residents/POAs replied that they felt safe when they are alone.
4. 97% of residents/POAs replied that the staff respects what they like and dislike.
5. 85% of residents felt they have enjoyable things to do here on weekends.
6. 98% of residents/POAs would recommend this home to others.
Mental Health First Aid course is being offered at the West Huron Care Centre on November 2 and 3, 2017 from 9 am – 4 pm for $150.00. If you are interested in registering for this two day course, please contact Patty Groot at 519-236-4373 x 631.
Huron County Public Health Unit is offering a community flu shot clinic in the Risi Room at the West Huron Care Centre on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 3 – 6 p.m.
Blue Water Rest Home’s Angel Tree Service is taking place in the main lobby at the West Huron Care Centre on Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 7 p.m.